Simba International School is a co-educational School with over 40 years of educating children from Early Years through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students and a student population of over 400.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia. We are a high performing school that runs the Cambridge Primary Programme with students taking the Checkpoint progression tests as an exit examination. Simba School seeks to recruit a Deputy Head for its primary section.
- To support the Head in promoting the school’s aims and vision.
- To manage the day to day operations of the Primary section of the School and manage staff to achieve acadesic goals of the primary section
- To implement and deliver quality education which reflects an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- To deputise the Head in his absence
- To attend senior leadership meetings and carry out agreed action points
- To make contributions to the annual strategic development plan
- To liaise closely with the Primary level staff, holding regular minuted’ meetings
- To ensure tasks are delegated to appropriate staff and carried out effectively
- To carry out regular quality assurance and report findings to the Head
- To ensure Primary School staff know and understand whole school policies
- To work with the Deputy Head (Secondary) to oversee the pupils’ transfer between the Primary and Secondary levels, ensuring educational progression and continuity
- To carry out appraisal of Primary level Staff in accordance with school policy
- To sit on the PTA committee to give guidance and liaise between the school and parents in conjunction with the Head
Teaching and Learning
- To ensure provision of an excellent education to all pupils in the Primary section
- To monitor standards of teaching and learning and report findings to the Head
- To promote best professional practice and a culture of self-review and development
- To ensure policies on teaching and learning (including assessment, recording and reporting) are put into practice.
- To regularly review the Primary level curriculum and make recommendations to the Head for its development, ensuring breadth and balance.
- To ensure pupils with special educational needs are identified and appropriately supported To ensure gifted and talented pupils are identified and provided with appropriate support.
- To ensure the Primary section of the School has a happy and secure environment in which each pupil is able to develop emotionally and academically and become a valued member of society.
- To monitor pastoral care throughout the Primary section and report findings to the Head
- To promote opportunities for the personal, moral, social, cultural and spiritual development of each pupil in the Primary section
- To ensure policies on pastoral issues (including child protection, bullying, rewards and sanctions) are understood and adhered to by staff.
- To be responsible for the extra-curricular programme in the Primary section, ensuring pupils have a variety of experiences.
- Understanding of Primary Cambridge Primary curriculum.
- Extensive experience of teaching and administering school operations at primary level.
- Have a full understanding of connections and progressions in subjects and use this in their teaching to ensure pupils make good progress.
- Be a dynamic, purpose driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
- Be able to set and attain consistently high expectations with learners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Master’s degree an added advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent administrative and curriculum management knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience and vast teaching experience, preferably with Cambridge Primary curriculum.
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
How to Apply
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified self-motivated and results-oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Bectonic applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the blowing addresses on or before 23rd September 2023
Attention: The Headmaster
SIMBA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
E-mail: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to