At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To assist in conducting professional and proactive emergency response training as well as Implementation of Emergency Response and fire operating procedures.
- Ensure established company Emergency Response practices and procedures are upheld.
- Undertake Fire risk assessments before commencement of works as required.
- Prepare Training programme on a monthly basis and report progress.
- Update all fire inspection records and procedures on the site.
- Ensure all regular fire inspections across the site are done within the scope
- Maintain emergency preparedness and response procedures for fire, hazchem spills, & handling.
- Undertake incident simulations and preparedness drills.
- Ensure testing programs for all Emergency Response Equipment and detection systems are done in accordance with the Mining Regulation.
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct basic firefighting training for all employees on site.
- Make follow ups on all hot works in high risk areas requiring fire cover
- Maintain Emergency Response Equipment including Fixed Fire protection, First
- Aid, communication and Emergency vehicles and Rescue Equipment
- Any duties as assigned by Management.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of Degree in Safety Management- CIEH or Equivalent
- Advanced First Aid / Advanced Life Support Certificate/Advanced Trauma Life Support Certificate.
- Fire Service Statutory Examinations Leading Fire-Fighter or Sub/Officers will be an added advantage.
- Fire Prevention and Breathing Apparatus courses.
- Holder of Class C Drivers Licence.
- A minimum of 5-8 years post qualification experience with at least 3 years in the mining industry
- Able to command and control Emergency Response teams.
- Experience in Firefighting & Rescue Operation Procedures.
- Experience in Emergency Management and Crisis Preparedness/Management.
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .