- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
- To plan and facilitate the provision of all services to KML by contractors.
- To plan the activities of contracts department employees and to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Plan the day to day running of the section
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Create long term plans for the section to ensure cost saving measures are put in place.
- Negotiate with suppliers to get the best possible pricing and terms of service.
- Plan and run tenders for services to ensure that contracts reflect the market price.
- Work closely with the Corporate Social Responsibility department to ensure that local businesses and the local community is afforded adequate opportunity to do business with Kalumbila Minerals Limited.
- Motivate employees and ensure that all contracts or service orders are processed in and quickly and efficiently.
- Develop and improve service delivery to end users by contractors
- Prepare and manage the section budget
- Identify any potential bottlenecks and submit a corrective action plan when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager and assist any other department as and when required.
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques
- Knowledge of statutory requirements
- Basic knowledge of how the mining industry operates and basic knowledge of the production process
- Knowledge of basic procurement principles
- Knowledge of how to run tenders
- Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management
- Excellent communication skills
Key Job Attributes
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Unquestionable integrity
- Must be assertive
- Must be a team player
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in the mining/ metals industry advantageous
- Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Business, Finance or related field
- A solid understanding of the Law of Contract
- Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply membership advantageous