World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Ltd is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Reporting to: Construction Coordinator
Location: Maheba (Kalumbila) and Mayukwayukwa (Kaoma)
Purpose of the Position:
The Construction Officers will be responsible for monitoring construction works on a day-to-day basis to ensure that the contractors on site adhere to the dictated quality and quantity of works. S/He will report to the Construction Coordinator.
- Monitor ongoing construction works and act as the supervisor to the engaged contractor, checking all critical stages of construction ensuring conformity to the drawings and specifications
- Highlighting potential design and specification issues or conflicts and resolving them on the timely basis.
- Prepare a detailed project works schedule in consultation with the construction coordinator and site supervisors and ensure the contractor is adhering to the agreed schedule
- Progress reporting and engagement with stakeholders
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma or better in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in Construction industry
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Understands construction processes and site management
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: