Computer Studies & Mathematics Teacher – Secondary Section
Jobs at:Rhodes Park School
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated, and results-driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Computer Studies and Mathematics Teacher.
The Job holder will be responsible for preparing and delivering Computer Studies and Mathematics lessons to children in the secondary section of the School. The position holder is expected to develop and stimulate the learner’s ICT and Numerical competencies.
• Taking responsibility for a Computer Studies or Mathematics class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class
• Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure effective teaching and learning.
• Developing and enriching professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences, CPDs etc.
• Enforcing regulations concerning learners conduct and discipline.
• Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
• Preparing and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation
• Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life
• Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
• Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
• Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
• Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
• Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
• Play an active role in the School’s extra-curricular programmes.
Knowledge, Experience & Personal Competencies
• Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
• A Secondary Teacher’s diploma in Computer Studies/ICTs and Mathematics with three years working experience in a reputable School. A Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage;
• Qualified teacher registered and licensed with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
• Must be familiar with the school curriculum pathways for National Track Examinations and Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE)
• A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good administrative and interpersonal skills
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills
• Must hold high levels of integrity and professionalism
• Must be computer literate
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, CV, NRC, TCZ License and certified copies of professional qualifications to [email protected] and [email protected] clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
Please note that applications that will not conform to the above specifications will not be considered.