We have been engaged by an organization that is using blockchain and other technologies to build next-generation property and land administration systems. Without clear property ownership, developing economies cannot compete effectively in the global economy. Our client is using blockchain and other technologies to provide user-friendly, low-cost property and land administration systems.
As a public benefit corporation, they pledge to promote economic development and full financial inclusion by helping individuals in developing countries to establish formal ownership of their property.
We are looking to recruit a Community Engagement & Sensitization Expert who will support our efforts by creating and implementing community sensitization and mobilization campaigns for the process of enumeration, community verification, collection of the offer letter, payment of minimum titling fees and collection of certificates of Titles. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia and will report directly to the Country Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Design and execute local and national community sensitization campaigns, community outreach strategy, and promotional materials
- Implement sensitization and community mobilization campaigns/activities, while ensuring performance targets are reached within agreed timelines
- Ensure that the community is aware of the benefits of payment of titling fees and implement strategies to increase the rate of payment by landowners
- Conduct financial management of the public awareness and community outreach, in accordance with the project budget
- Oversee translation of messaging into key regional languages, as needed
- Develop information, education, and communication materials in support of the sensitization campaign
- Lead sensitization teams
- Oversee implementation of community mobilization and sensitization activities in target communities
- Coordinate and facilitate partnerships and engagement with local and national authorities related to the community mobilization and sensitization activities
- Develop monitoring and tracking tools to effectively measure the efficacy change attributed to public information and community sensitization programming
- Oversee the use of social media and development of stories and articles to be published
- Draft lessons learned and best practice guides to disseminate key findings and enhance project delivery and impact
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or International Relations
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in community sensitization, public awareness, and/or social and behavioural change
- Proven experience conducting results-based evaluations for community mobilization campaigns, and recording and implementing lessons learned
- Extensive experience in utilizing culturally relevant approaches to raise public awareness
- Experience crafting awareness campaigns targeted at women and vulnerable groups
- Demonstrated ability to craft and execute large scale community sensitization campaigns
- Fluency in spoken and written English
What We Hope You Have:
- Experience in the land sector would be an added value
- Experience working with the Government of Zambia or Councils
· Master’s degree in Communications or Public Relations
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .