Claims Officer (Insurance)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Within Zambia , Kitwe and Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Claims Officer will secure information on the insurance policies to verify the accuracy and completeness of information on claims, applications and related documents and analyses such information to produce reports that feed into the decision-making process on all insurance cases.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Design and implement various policies and procedures for claims
• Evaluate all new claims and administer all data integrity
• Monitor effectiveness of all claim processes and provide support
• Manage day to day operations of the claims department and provide general oversight
• Oversee insurance claims for personal, property or casualty loss based on coverage, appraisal and verifiable damage
• Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews and investigations in accordance With company policies and procedures
• Ensure a coherent approach to all aspects of claims management
• Monitoring and controlling the cost of claims
• Collect and analyse data on all claims related to social protection, life insurance, Bank movable and fixed assets including public liabilities.
• Prepare monthly reports for the attention of the Team Leader.
• Prepare quarterly reports that will aid the Director of the General Services and Procurement Department and the Team Leader in the decision-making process.
• Update existing policies to reflect changes regarding staff compliments and Bank Asset portfolio.
• Communicate with Insurance brokers to obtain information necessary for processing claims.
• In consultation with the Finance department, ensure timely settlement of premiums.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to work sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
• Ability to identify and understands relationships, constraints and pressures affecting others.
• Show effective negotiating and interpersonal skills.
• Show problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Be innovative and creative.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree/Diploma in Insurance or Business Administration, Finance or related areas.
• Must have a minimum of (4) years of relevant experience in the Insurance Industry at a senior level.
• Must have worked with one of the top General Insurance providers in the private sector
• Must be well-versed in maintaining accurate records and provide regular reports on insurance claims.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems.
• Demonstrable understanding and application of insurance principles and processes.
• Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and copy in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage