Job Description –
A Chief Risk Officer works to provide leadership, vision and direction for the country’s business risk management. A Chief Risk Officer also works to design effective response strategies to mitigate against multiple risks affecting the country’s business.
- Establish an integrated risk management framework (ERM), risk parameters and metrics – losses and incidents, key risk exposures and early warning indicators for all aspects of risk across the Country office.
- Review business activities based on risk exposures, optimize the country’s risk portfolio through business activities and risk transfer strategies.
- Identify frails in business processes and operations, develop process-transformation plans to revamp business operations.
- Improve risk management readiness amongst staff through communication and trainings/awareness programs, risk-based performance measurement and incentives.
- Ensure adherence to the Group’s Risk management policies. Quantify the country risk appetite through establishment of specific risk limits.
- Identify emerging risks across the bank’s risk management portfolios, analyze and ensure high-level control interventions to manage emerging trends.
- Actively drive the improvement of risk management processes in line with global best practices.
- Escalate challenges to country’s Executive Management, the Board and GCRO.
- Identify key risk peculiar to the country; classify and communicate to all staff to avoid susceptibility among staff.
- Ability to identify potential risks.
- Investigative skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Tenacious and solution-driven.
- High level of integrity.
- Organizational skills.
- Good leadership skills.
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of Risk Management practices.
- Extensive knowledge & application of credit analysis.
- Knowledge of the bank’s credit culture, policies and procedures.
- Good understanding of all business operations.
- Good knowledge of the policies and laws of the country’s Regulatory bodies.
- Candidates must have at least 8 years Banking experience, minimum of 5 years’ experience in Risk Management.
- Candidate must possess a degree (with minimum grade of Credit) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, or Management.
- Additional education qualification – MBA/MSc, a Professional Certification in a closely related field is strongly recommended.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications to this email below: