Counterpart International is activity recruiting a Chief of Party for the anticipated District Governance Strengthening (DGS) in Zambia. USAID’s DGS program will be a cross-sector program that will help to build local systems of governance capable of responsive service delivery to drive USAID results and advance Zambian self-reliance and to maximize the impact of local partners, build the capabilities of service providers, enhance coordination across sectors, and improve targeted citizen oversight of government performance. The program will seek to obtain the following objectives: Objective 1: Citizen-responsive governance structures acquire skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance, and constructively engage with government; Objective 2: The sub-national governance system develops the capacity to respond to citizen needs and improve service delivery outcomes; and Objective 3: Zambia’s commitment to open government increases, advancing self-reliance. This position is full time and will serve through the life of the project.
Responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction, oversight, and quality, and maintaining relationships with USAID and stakeholders. Responsible for the timely submission and quality of all project deliverables. This position requires experience in senior-level program management with USAID or other donors.
- Advanced degree in a Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Social Sciences, Political Science or other related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;?Minimum three years working on governance programs.
- Experience working on supply-side and demand-side governance programs.
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on improving responsive service delivery, implementation at the grassroots and district-levels, decentralization, public policy reform, government accountability and civil society strengthening, preferably in Zambia and/or Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advanced, complex, and politically sensitive contexts, as well as rural settings;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadline and deliver quality outputs;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
To apply for this job please visit careers2-counterpart.icims.com .