DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech has extensive experience delivering technical assistance in Public Financial Management, domestic resource mobilization, macro-fiscal policy, policy analysis, improving the business enabling environment, and promoting export development and investment support.
DevTech is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to lead the USAID/ Zambia Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth Activity (ReMEG) . The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. The four objectives are as follows:
1) Tax and Non-Tax Revenue Administration and Compliance Improved
2) Tax Policy Strengthened
3) Public-Private Dialogue Enhanced
4) Enhanced capacity to address other fiscal policy and management priorities as they emerge
The CoP will be responsible for leading and managing the overall contract and for the performance of all project tasks and deliverables. The COP will work closely with USAID/Zambia’s Program Office, USAID implementing partners, national and local government officials, and local CSOs. This is a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia for a duration of 5 years. The position is contingent upon contract award and funding.
- An advanced degree (i.e. MA, PhD) in management, international relations, economics, or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, and management experience, and a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, and management competence;
- Familiarity with USAID or comparable international development organization (ex. DFID, AusAid)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, multifaceted, multi-year tasks and projects/programs;
- Successful routine completion of high-quality products on time and within budget;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience supervising and mentoring staff;
- Familiarity with human resource, financial management, and procurement processes;
- Thorough technical knowledge in domestic resource mobilization, tax policy, tax administration, public financial management, service delivery, and civil society organization (CSO) engagement; and
- Experience managing collaboration and learning, capacity building, indicator development, and performance reporting.
· Experience working in Zambia or in Eastern or Southern Africa
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-devtechsys.icims.com .