The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party/ Partnership Coordinator for the awarded USAID-funded Emerging Farmers Partnership GDA Activity in Zambia. The Emerging Farmers Partnership GDA Activity will focus on facilitating access to finance for rural Small and Medium Enterprises (SME). The activity will work to address financial service providers’ barriers to lending to SMEs and address barriers that limit agricultural enterprises’ ability to seek and qualify for loans.
Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply; no expat allowances are attached to this position.
The COP/Partnership Coordinator will oversee project implementation, supervise the project staff, and lead coordination and joint planning with partners; As a member of the EFP Coordination Committee composed of representatives of the private sector partners, an emerging farmer representative, GRZ, USAID and other key stakeholders, the Partnership Coordinator will facilitate communication and coordination of efforts among the private sector partners.
- Manage and mentor a team of local professional staff in the implementation of project activities. S/he will oversee capacity building programs for technical strategy development and implementation, annual work planning and program implementation;
- Ensure that project deliverables and results are met according to schedule, in a cost efficient way, and with the highest quality;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regs.
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, partner organizations, the international implementer community in Zambia and project stakeholders.
- Masters’ degree or higher in a relevant field (Business Administration, Agribusiness, Agri financing etc).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience and progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects on small and medium-sized agribusinesses programs.
- leadership skills managing similar size projects, development activities; recruiting, managing staff; programmatic and financial reporting.
- Ability to build, maintain relationships with host governments, stakeholders, and the private sector.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-globalcommunities.icims.com .