- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in ZambiaEngineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to Coordinator Cable Crew
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Cable Crew Supervisor.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Cable Crew, you will be responsible for delivering the shift plan in terms of cable management, equipment productivity and people management without being impacted by cable movement delays.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure personnel are adequately inducted in their work area and are aware of all workplace rules and critical procedures applying at LMC.
- Ensure that all personnel under your charge are fully trained and competent in applicable SOPs
- Correct/ diligent use of Supervisor Checklist book
- Ensure that production is not impacted by cable relocations.
- Ensure that you prepare a blast relocation plan a day before the blast
- Ensure that no plug is on the ground
- Ensure that the Electrical lighting plants are set in correct areas
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have Full Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Experience in Operating HME
- At least 3 years of experience in continuous operations in a mining environment
- Ability to interpret standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and manuals
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .