The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer and is Accountable to the Vice Chancellor for the Administrative, Financial, and Risk Management operations of the University. The role is responsible for the development of a financial and operational strategy, and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve university assets and report accurate financial results.
As Financial Administrative Head, the Bursar assists the Vice Chancellor to Accomplish statutory and mandatory responsibilities as enshrined in the Higher Education Authority Act No. 4 of 2013.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop financial strategies
- Monitor and direct the implementation of Strategic business plans
- Manage the Capital request and Budgeting processes (Output Based Budget)
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of payroll and payment of salaries
- Oversee employee benefit plans with particular emphasis on maximising a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise investment due diligence and negotiate investments
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the institution.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with international reporting standards; in place; (partly under risk management)
- Oversee the issuance of financial information to the university and all stakeholders and report financial information results to Council
- Oversee compliance with university and statutory regulations; Identify and mitigate key elements of the University’s risk profile and report risk issues to the University Financial Committee.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Grade 12 or form V Certificate with 5 “O” level Credits which should include English Language and Mathematics
- Full member of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA);
- Must possess CIMA / ACCA.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of work experience.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Preferably a Female.
- Three (3) year contract. Subsequent contract offers will depend on satisfactory performance of duty.
To apply for this job email your details: