The Zambia Gold Company Limited (ZGCL) was established in 2020, with the main objective of formalising and developing the gold sub-sector in the country. The shareholders of the company are the ZCCM Investments Holding (ZCCM-IH) with 51 per cent and the Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Ministry of Finance with 49 per cent. The Company has been working towards turning the gold sub-sector into a commercially viable one, which will not only benefit the investors but also all other relevant stakeholders.
In order to achieve this, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals, who are innovative, energetic and performance driven to fill the following positions:
Assistant Accountant – Payables x1
Report to: Accountant
Head of Dept: Head Finance
To provide support to the Accountant and wider finance team by helping to prepare and maintain accurate financial records, processing of invoices and payments, assisting in the preparation and submission of statutory returns for ZRA, NAPSA and other applicable regulators.
- Raising of payments and petty cash vouchers for processing after inspecting and verifying support documents such as invoices, delivery notes and receipts.
- Posting of transactions and payments in the accounting system to the respective ledger accounts.
- Assist in the monthly preparation and submission of statutory returns for ZRA, NAPSA and other regulators.
- Maintain complete and accurate filing system to support safe retention of all Company financial records.
- Assist in the preparation of payroll for all employees.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date cashbook on a daily basis.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date petty cash float system.
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts at the end of the month.
- Monitoring and timely reconciliation of imprest advanced to employees.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications and experience
a) Professional Qualifications
- Full Grade12 Certificate or its equivalent
- Diploma in Accountancy or Finance, ACCA level 2, ZICA Licentiate, CIMA level 2 or its equivalent.
b) Minimum Relevant Job Experience:
- 3 years of work experience in a similar position.
c) Skill Specifications:
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- Excellent computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
d) Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
- Integrity and Confidentiality
- Result oriented
- Pleasant personality
ZGCL provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit.
Interested suitably qualified and experienced individuals should send their application letters, together with certified copies of academic and professional certificates, a detailed curriculum vitae with traceable references, and copy of the NRC to the undersigned not later than Friday, 10th September, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Zambia Gold Company Limited
Kudu Road, Kabulonga
Email: [email protected]
Download the document here: Advertisement 1 September 2021
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected] .