An exciting opportunity exists for an Anti-Money Laundering Officer (AMLO) to join our team based in Lusaka, Zambia.
The purpose of this role is to conduct periodic branch inspections. During these inspections the successful candidate will assess AML knowledge of staff, perform audits of transactions, and carry out safe counts. The AMLO will represent the Mukuru AML/Compliance team in all matters with the FIC, including inspections, workshops, and correspondence.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Ensure that the policies and requirements set forth by the – THE AML/CFT LAW established under Section 3 of the Prohibition and Prevention of Money Laundering Act, No. 14 of 2001, amended Act, No. 44 of 2010.; Anti-Terrorism Act No 21 of 2007; Financial Intelligence Centre Act No 46 of 2010; and The Anti-Corruption Act, No. 3 of 2012.
- Provide and administer training with the objective to increase and maintain staff knowledge
- Ensure new hires receive practical training in all AML and CFT legislation, as well as Mukuru Financial Services LTD’s Internal Policies by their branch manager and senior staff
- Administer periodic quizzes on AML and CFT legislation and procedures
- Be responsible for in-country reporting to the FIC
- Grade 12 / equivalent (Essential)
- Degree / Diploma in relevant field (Desired)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the AML industry (Essential)
- Fluent in English and Bemba / Nyanja (Desirable)
- Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGET
To apply for this job please visit mukuru.breezy.hr .