The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) will help Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program will engage national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity will work toward three objectives:
- Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
- Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
The Administrative Officer is responsible for day-to-day project operations and logistics needs in the Lusaka office and supporting activities and operations in provincial offices.
- Enforces use of DAI’s operations & procurement system (TAMIS)
- Maintains electronic records and files of all required backup documentation in the relevant DAI’s system platforms, including any required hard copy files
- Administers the in-office stock of stationery and office supplies, and oversees management of supplies in provincial offices
- Oversees the management of project vehicles and fuel
- Manages project drivers
- Inspects goods or verify services, confirm delivery and receipt of goods, and monitor the use and disposition of goods
- Oversees logistical arrangements for events, renting of premises, arrangement of accommodation, transportation, coordination with participants and invited experts
- Assists the Finance and Operations Director and other senior operations staff as required
- Provides support for day-to-day office operations and logistics needs
- Oversees logistical arrangements for project travel
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
- Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
- Performs any other duties as assigned
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
- The position will be based in the Local Impact main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Finance and Operations Director
- There may be some travel to provincial offices
- The position will manage Local Impact drivers and fleet
- University degree in relevant field required.
- 4+ years of work experience in logistics, procurement, office administration, and other relevant areas
- Experience working on USAID projects/activities
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent procurements
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- Fluency in English is required
- Use the URL provided in the advertisement to apply
- Applications must be received before the closing date
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- No phone inquiries
To apply for this job please visit fs9.formsite.com .