Position: Administrative Assistant- People & Culture
Location: National Office- Lusaka
Purpose of Job: Provides office and administrative support to The P and C director / department. This role is vital for the smooth-running the unit.
Ensures proper flow of office procedures, and supports the office by carrying out common office duties. Maintains a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone.
- Maintaining current HR files and databases ( Filling)
- Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Set up of office and ensure alignment, protocols and office design
- Manage travel and logistics calendar for meetings in the office, boardroom , meeting room bookings ( in partnership with Supply Chain)
- Logs call for new and repairs of IT equipment and office related machinery and assets
- Responsible for purchases and requisitions, compilation and completion for manager to review and sign off
- Participating in recruitment efforts- organizing resumes, scheduling job interviews
- Preparing new employee files
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc.)
- Administering new employment assessments
- Answering employee questions
- Processing incoming mail
- Creating and distributing documents
- Providing customer service to organization employees
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Maintaining computer system by updating and entering data
- Setting appointments and arranging meetings
- Maintaining calendar of P and C Director
Any other duties as assigned
Minimum Education,training and experience:.
Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources, Business Administration or Any business related qualification
2. 3 to 5 years’ Experience
Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Can work under pressure
- Reporting skills
- Maintaining employee files
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and may require international travel.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply, ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Kindly note that Cv’s will be reviewed as they are recieved and the advert might be closed before the stated date dependant on the volume of applicants.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wvi.org .