Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Process Manager
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Administration Assistant.
Reporting to the Process Manager , your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Assisting the Manager in his administrative requirements which will include general filing, minutes preparations, and provision of support information as required.
- Information Management by capturing leave, time sheets, ensuring all payroll related requests are completed, signed off and captured correctly in the system
- Maintaining an updated register for all incoming and outgoing documents
- Creating work requests in SAP
- Print, collate and distribute weekly and shutdown work order job packs
- Process invoices for our business partners as per SOX compliance of the organisation
- Register, track and file contractor time sheets using the contractor management tool
- Keeping an updated inventory of all office requirements & stationery
- General support by proving administration support by word processing, photocopying and binding as required
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma/Certificate in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent will be desirable
- Two (2) years’ work experience in an administrative role; Exposure to a fast-paced work environment will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in SAP will be n added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .