Below are the requirements and duties that will be required from the candidate;
• Keep track of the EA-2(Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, South Africa etc.) tax and regulatory update as well as the business developments of the companies and assess potential tax impacts on the companies.
• Involve in tax planning for the companies’ various business initiatives and ensure that the tax structure is properly implemented.
• Manage tax compliance filings of all entities in EA-2 and ensure that the filings are completed correctly and timely.
• Coordinate with the external tax consultants in various tax projects to facilitate the process and ensure the quality of the projects.
• Implement the tax internal control process to make sure that tax risks are properly identified and managed in our day to day operation.
• Advise on and implement improvements to the tax internal control process if needed;
• Assist in local adaption and implementation of tax technology projects.
• Ensure the proper implementation of transfer pricing policy for the companies’ related party transactions.
• Provide internal tax trainings to various departments to improve the sense of tax compliance requirements and to promote the synchronization of cross-functional processes for more effective tax management.
• Handle tax assessment/audit/investigation cases, formulate and execute defense strategies and involve in negotiation with the tax auditors.
• Maintain a good relationship with tax office and external tax agents.
• Must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline.
• Master’s Degree and Professional Certification (ICAN, ACCA, etc.) would be an added advantage.
Experience and competence.
• At least 5 years’ working experience in Zambia tax, familiar with Nigerian tax compliance requirements, tax accounting and local tax practice.
• In-house tax experience plus tax experience in a well-known international accounting firm is advantageous.
• Capable of leading the tax function of a company independently, experience in dealing with tax audit cases is preferred.
• Good professional ethics, excellent communication and coordination skills with team work spirit.
• Logical thinking ability with excellent business sense.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .